PROJECT MANAGER - RESIDENTIAL
Hands on. High performing. Solutions-oriented. Innovative. These are just some of the words we use to describe our passionate Project Managers – they know how to get things done. The way they do it is masterful and the spaces they deliver are exceptional.
Zero 9 is not your average builder. A family business born from passion and a love for living an inspired life, we earned our stripes as a professional fit out company before expanding into a fully-fledged design and construction operation across both commercial and residential.
We lean in to the ultracool and deliver inspired spaces through innovative design, quality finishes, keen attention to detail, and meaningful client communication.
With a HQ in beautiful Burleigh Heads, Zero 9 is looking to hire a powerhouse Project Manager to pioneer a path in design and construction for our residential team.
Specifically, the tenacity of a proven Project Manager is required to:
• Streamline processes with our design and estimating teams pre-construction to improve project outcomes, pre-emptively troubleshoot potential risks and develop and lead a programme of works that champions safety.
• Manage client and contactor relationships while upholding Zero 9’s values (we have 9 of them – they can be found here https://zero9.com.au/about/)
• Own talent management of your on-site teams (both internal and external) by personally communicating with individuals to get the best out of them, ensuring alignment of values and by empowering through performance.
• Maintain the integrity of the project budget, limit project variations and stay on top of the schedule to DIFOT.
• Uphold building specifications, codes and standards at a world-class level.
• Manage specific contractual requirements and project reporting.
• Care for our clients through clear and regular communications to ensure the build process meets their dream home expectations.
• Compile critical project documentation including full scope breakdowns and schedules.
• Coordinate your residential jobsite as though it was your own home, but thoughtfully managing subcontractors, deliveries and stakeholders.
• Flex your skills with flexibility – be adaptable, responsive to change and fearless in the face of challenges.
• Identify collaborative opportunities with constructors and suppliers (supported by our in-house Marketing team).
• Don’t just deliver the vision, be the vision!
• You have 4+ years’ experience working as a Project Manager within the residential building and construction industry.
• You can interpret specifications and drawings for accuracy, build ability and can confidently identify opportunities for efficiencies and/or added wow-factor.
• You’re a born leader – you know how to get that extra 10% out of people, you lead by example, and you invest in the betterment of the people around you.
• You are accountable for your actions and the actions of your team (including contractors and suppliers).
• You’re proactive in your innovation – creativity is always greater than the impossible.
• Your communication skills are brag-worthy. You are comfortable with dealing with all people, at all professional levels and you can do the hard conversations if needed.
• You are capable of balancing construction with business when it comes to building homes.
• You have a strong commitment to safety.
• Your attention to detail is borderline sufferable (occasionally intolerable – we aim for excellence).
• You’re driven, self-motivated and want to be part of something bigger.
• You do what’s right for all, even when no one is watching.
• Your experience and knowledge extend to computers and systems.
In return we strive to offer our Z9 team:
• Competitive renumeration.
• The space to lead projects, expand professional experience and grow.
• Inspiration in seeing our incredible builds come to life.
• A continued commitment to pioneering design and construction.
• Moments of surprise and delight to recognise our achievements as a team.
• A vibrant workplace led by shared values.
Project Management jobs require process, ours requires passion too. If this sounds like you, submit your résumé and a cover letter now. Only those successful in progressing to the next round will be contacted, but we genuinely thank all applicants for taking the time to reach out.
FULL-TIME AND CASUAL
Are you are feeling energised to take control of your career? Do you want to be part of something bigger? Are you ready to get your hands dirty in the pursuit of exceptional spaces?
Zero 9 is not your average builder. A family business born from passion and a love for living an inspired life, we earned our stripes as a professional fit out company before expanding into a fully-fledged design and construction operation across both commercial and residential. We lean in to the ultracool and deliver inspired spaces through innovative design, quality finishes, keen attention to detail, and meaningful client communication.
With epic active jobsites throughout Australia (and sometimes even NZ) we are looking for tradespeople to help bring various projects to life. FULL-TIME AND CASUAL ROLES with immediate start available.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Delivering projects from commencement to completion.
- Ensuring OH&S procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Attending tool box talks.
- Following all directions from your Site Manager.
- Maintaining a tidy and organised site.
- Upholding company culture, policies and procedures.
- Previous experience working on commercial and/or residential jobsites.
- Capable of reading and interpreting plans.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Experience in the use of power tools and machinery.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Good attention to detail.
- Driven and motivated work ethic.
- Strong time management skills.
- The ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
IN RETURN, WE STRIVE TO OFFER OUR Z9 TEAM:
- Competitive renumeration.
- Jobs for a good time AND a long time.
- Inspiration in seeing our incredible builds come to life.
- A continued commitment to pioneering design and construction.
- Moments of surprise and delight to recognise our achievements as a team.
- A vibrant workplace led by shared values.
So if you’re ready to flex your skills in a fast paced environment where no two days are ever the same, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.